Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Post Surgery Recovery: wk 3

Progess is Recovery!
Thank God today is much better then the first couple of weeks! Week 3: is a much better week for me because I have a little movement in my arm I'm not on bed rest, I can stop asking my husband to do this, do that for me. Even tho I know Adam don't mine helping me out. The pain is fading really slow which is a good thing because I thought the pain was going to last forever. Today I was able to lift a few things but not too much because I don't want to over work my arm. Nurse Van Tessal came by today and I must say I was upset because she came too early and I know it takes me 30 minutes in the shower now to remove bandages and tape markings. I just hate having people wait on me because I know Nurse Van Tessal is on a time limit per home she have to visit. Yet my wonderful Nurse didn't mind not one bit that she had to wait for me. She is so sweet, by far the sweetest nurse I ever met. She really knows how to make me and my family feel comfortable as if she knew us for years, she even love my "animal kingdom" of 3 cats and 2 dogs. She too is an Animal Lover!lol My animals even like her so that is a major plus to me! Every time Nurse Van Tessal is with me, I feel normal because i know she is working with other patients that are just like me, with my same condition. She tells me great stories of her life, family and friends. I even share great stories about my future with her...Every hospital needs a nurse like Van Tessal. She has a warm personality that is easy to get to know and love. She makes me laugh at times I should be scared that she is about to care for my injuries. I just love her energy!

Nevertheless, she is an awesome nurse and I'm thankful to have her around helping me and my family out. Caring for someone after post surgery is a hard task but I must say my husband and my mom have been doing a great job. It takes a lot of patience to deal with someone who is in a lot of pain but they sure know how to handle me.  The fact that my mom been a nurse for over 30 years is just a major plus in my life. She has been caring for me in the most careful way as possible all my life. My husband is Amazing and I just love him so much for working hard caring for me day in and day out. His patience is something that must be a gift because I really don't know how he do it, then go to work 8 hrs EVERYDAY, then come home, clean, cook, bathed me, and dress me...Wow! Love him for Everything!

This has been a better week for me and I look forward for many more!

iValentina XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment