Thursday, March 29, 2012

Planned Parenthood: One Day

This might be the hardest thing I'll ever blog about. Might be a healing thing for me to get it off my chest and express my thoughts on planning to be a mother. I can't imagine not having a mother but to possibly think you could be never become a mother is leveled out to the same grief. The fact that your womanhood won't fully be there because infertility. It's a hard pill to swallow being a young 24 year old/ newlywed. I just quicnhed when people ask "So when is the baby coming" or "Do you plan on having kids"? Ugh, I just hate it! Lol But its apart of life and I just response "Yeah, in a couple years", when really I want to scream "NO, my right ovary is F-word up"! I'm glad I can have a humor about it now, but really it's a scary thing to know your body tissues don't work like a normal human. Yet, after doing research, my condition won't lead to infertility or cancerous. Just the thought of being infertile scares me. Thank God that is not the case. I like to put this situation in perspective believing that God is preparing my body for pregnancy one day. Maybe not this year or next, but one day.
So funny because before I got married, I used to tell myself, "Nope, No Kids for Me". Now I'm married with so much time on my hands, and seeing my husband face light up when we talk about kids or "What If your son/ daughter act like you" moments. Marriage will certainly bring another side out of  you. You feel as if you want to nurture and care for everything breathing and moving around you.
I find myself reading more and more about planning for a baby/motherhood. I even told my husband today "I swear when I become a mother, I'm going to tell him or her 'do you know what I had to go though to conceive you'"!lol
I have an Amazing OB-Gyn Dr. Sherri Graf that is helping me every step of the way and I recommend everybody to her. I had some Rough ob-gyn's in the past and when I seen the ratings for Dr. Graf, I was happy to know she was Top Recommend by Most! I have so much Trust in my doctor, I Just know she is going to be the reason for our future baby. Been So crazy since I been on this journey bettering my health just planning for motherhood and future pregnancy. I love every moment of this journey because I know our child will be a 100% healthy.
I have to keep faith and win this battle. Can't help the way genetics works but I'm Blessed to be able to make a change and get healthy. One Day.

2 comments:

  1. And you will be a great mother...you have so m any wonderful women around you to learn from, joanna, your mom, and all the wonderful mommies that I met at your shower...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Thanks Najeema! Yes, alot of great mommies including you!

    ReplyDelete